New Music We Heard This Year:
- Justin Timberlake‘s album The 20/20 Experience is his third studio album. Its success has been great, as his singles “Suit & Tie” and “Mirrors” made the top of the charts in the US and the UK. I personally was never a Justin Timberlake fan, but this album made me rethink this. Who else has a newfound love for Justin Timberlake after this album?
- Released in April, 2013, Fall Out Boy‘s album Save Rock and Roll released. It was their fifth studio album. After the band’s hiatus in 2009, they secretly began recording in 2012. They planned to release music videos for each song, under a series called The Young Blood Chronicles. Who else is happy that they are back together?
- Keith Urban‘s eight studio album, Fuse, was released on September 10th, 2013. Miranda Lambert and Eric Church are featured on the album. It had made its debut on the Billboard 200 charts and has received positive reception from critics. “Little Bit of Everything” was the first single released from the album. Anyone who has this album, do you like it? Thoughts?
- Sheryl Crow‘s album Feels Like Home is her eighth album. It was released September 10th, 2013. Crow’s country sound and positive reception of the album is profound. I’ve always been a big Sheryl Crow fan. Anyone else?
- It is now confirmed that A Day To Remember can release its new album Common Courtesy independently of its label, Victory Records. They had sued the label back in 2011, when the label claimed that the band had not complied with its 5-album deal. ADTR won recently and is able to release their new album Common Courtesy on October 8th, 2013. Check out their website ADTR.com to digitally download the album. Fans are highly anticipating its release. Will you be purchasing their new album?
- On October 8th, 2013 Mayday Parade is expected to release their album Monsters In The Closet. They will also have a tour, Glamour Kills Tour 2013, starting in October and November. I’m pretty excited for their new album, anyone else!?
- Katy Perry‘s album Prism is set to be released October 18th, 2013. The first single, Roar, was released in September and it topped the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Johnny Wujek and Katy Perry created the video for Roar, which mirrors a female George of the Jungle. Katy Perry had a part in writing each of her songs. Expect its release to be roaring! Who’s excited?
Other music released or to be released this year:
- Bon Jovi “What About Now” released March 11th.
- OneRepublic “Native” released March 26th.
- Brad Paisley “Wheelhouse” released April 9th.
- Michael Bublé “To Be Loved” released April 15th.
- The Summer Set “Legendary” released April 16th.
- Kenny Chesney “Life on a Rock” released April 30th.
- Lady Antebellum “Golden” released May 6th.
- Demi Lovato “Demi” released May 14th.
- Thirty Seconds To Mars “Love, Lust, Faith or Dreams” released May 17th.
- Daft Punk “Random Access Memories” released May 17th.
- Darius Rucker “True Believers” released May 21st.
- The Main “Forever Halloween” released June 4th.
- Big Time Rush “24/Seven” released June 11th.
- 3OH!3 “Omens” released June 18th.
- Forever The Sickest Kids “J.A.C.K.S” released June 24th.
- Relient K “Collapsible Lung” released July 2nd.
- Robin Thicke “Blurred Lines” released July 12th.
- Selena Gomez “Stars Dance” released July 19th.
- Backstreet Boys “In A World Like This” released July 30th.
- Owl City “The Midsummer Station – Acoustic EP” released July 30th.
- Luke Bryan “Crash My Party” released August 13th.
- John Mayer “Paradise Valley” released August 20th.
- Ariana Grande “Yours Truly” released September 3rd.
- Jessie J “Alive” released September 20th.
- Miley Cyrus “Bangerz” released October 4th.
- Panic! at the Disco “Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!” will release October 8th.
- Cassadee Pope “Frame By Frame” will release October 8th.
- Kelly Clarkson “Wrapped in Red” will release October 25th.
- Lady Gaga “Artpop” will release November 8th.
Some TBA albums to expect include:
- Cher Lloyd, Britain’s feisty pop/hip-hop artist
- Britney Spears, in her comeback
- Beyoncé, the queen of R&B
- Cee Lo Green, coach of The Voice
- Hillary Duff, our old favorite Disney Channel star
- Jonas Brothers, who we used to love as teens
Which artists are your favorite? Which artists do you want to hear more of? Leave comments